Review of medical records. Perform clinical reviews with knowledge of body systems, anatomy and physiology. Provide leadership team with status of projects; issue, communicate and recommend policy decisions to achieve project objectives. Utilize and maintain available corporate production and reporting systems; produce routine and non-routine reports, presentations, letters, communications and graphics. Assist internal and external personnel by answering questions, supplying information and training. Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with providers. Other duties may be assigned. Qualifications: Certified professional coders. At least two (2) years experience of professional Proficient in PC and MS Office skills, particularly Word and Excel Effective communication skills, written and verbal Working knowledge of CMS requirements. Possible driving to provider locations, valid MI driver’s license. Audit and medical chart review preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel. Associate’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of ICD-10-CM coding guidelines and AHA Coding Clinics
• Advanced understanding of medical terminology, pharmacology, body systems/anatomy, physiology, and concepts of disease processes.
• Advanced technical skills with the use of Microsoft software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
• Strong analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal, and written skills to communicate complex ideas with employees and vendors at all levels
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Must possess a high attention to detail to maintain accuracy, efficiency, and dependability.
AHIMA or AAPC credential – CCS, CCS-P, CCA, CPC, CPC-H, CRC, RHIT, or RHIA
Category Management Accounting
Function Accounting / Finance