Chassis Component Engineer
The Chassis Component Engineer manages the design, development and release of chassis structural components for production vehicles for all global markets. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Ownership of all aspects of design to ensure system and vehicle level functional objectives are met.
· Complete project ownership of engineering deliverables per Project Management KPI (Key Process Indicators), step deliverables and program timing.
· Component design/development/package
· Management of DVPR (Design Verification Plan & Report)
· Component/system/vehicle level validation testing, engineering change management and bill of Material.
· Support prototype builds and issues resolution management.
· Management of CAD models in Team Center system.
· Support production at supplier and manufacturing facilities.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university.
· 3+ years engineering experience with emphasis on design, validation and manufacturing of stamped steel components, welded assemblies, and/or castings.
· Ability to construct system and component level DVP's and DFMEA's.
· Ability to work effectively within a team environment and be able to perform job responsibilities with little supervision.
· Ability to use logical thinking to construct work plans to resolve complex issues with conflicting requirements across multiple organizations.
· Demonstrated team leadership abilities.
· Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively present to upper management.
· Demonstrated passion to work in the auto industry.
· 5 years of experience with chassis structural component design and development.
· Prior experience in...