Brake System Design and Development Engineer –
The Brake System Design and Development Engineer is respon sible for the development of brake systems and coordinating vehicle ordering, builds, shipping, and testing. Program management skills required to complete DVPR testing within the constraints of program timing and problem resolution to corporate metrics. The candidate should be able to root cause quality/build issues and implement corrective actions. Good communication skills are required for internal and external presentations on status and system performance. Also, communicating technical requirements to internal areas such as powertrain, electrical and vehicle development groups.
Requirements:• Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree is required.
• Knowledge of vehicle level brake system design and validation experience.
• Knowledge of brake system, performance, and sizing modeling/analysis.
• DFMEA/SFMEA and DVP-R experience such as: write/review/execute a system level DVP for a brake system.
• Proven problem solving skillset (ie: Shainin, DFSS, Red X, etc.) and analytical skillset.
• Experience with Technical report writing.
• Highly motivated and self-starter
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Brake testing/development experience or Chassis development, valid driver's license
• Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
• 5-10 years of experience in vehicle testing, preferably brake testing
• Brake system modeling and system analysis experience
• Design and release experience of brake components
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -102022-119047