Cost Engineer – BIW
- Manage cost of assigned BIW components throughout program life
- Develop piece and tooling targets,
- Support sourcing negotiation,
- Collaborate on cost of design changes.
- Develop technical cost for components using activity based costing methodologies
- Work from BOM, drawings and/or part samples
- Analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on piece and tooling cost.
- Demonstrate understanding of the piece and tooling cost drivers for various manufacturing processes used in the production of BIW commodities.
- Provide cost expertise support to Engineering and Purchasing.
- Communicate estimates to all levels within the organization.
Required Engineering Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of experience in automotive BIW engineering with an OEM or Tier 1 supplier
- 5+ year of experience with Stamping, Injection Molding, Assembly, Processing, Cost Estimating
- 5+ years or more of experience with costing BIW stampings, assemblies and dies.
- 3+ of experience in activity based costing
- Demonstrated understanding of the following processes progressive, transfer & tandem, hot stamping, hydro-form, & welding
- Strong communication, leadership, interpersonal organizational, & MS Excel (formulas) skills
Engineering Education Required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Preferred Engineering Experience & Skills
- Strong negotiation skills.
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the...