Body Component Engineer
- This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and production release of Body components.
- Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, weight reduction, cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace/Aeronautical or
- Chemical Engineering; equivalent
- 3-4 years of experience in CATIA V5 and/or Unigraphics NX, launch experience, and experience in a production release environment.
- At least 2 years of design and development engineering experience in body
- Body in White, Sealings, and/or closures systems is highly preferred.
- Engineer will also be supporting dry car, corrosion and or vehicle weight targets.
- Components include: baffles, bake on mastics, plugs, tapes, purfoam and bulk sealing applications.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace/Aeronautical or Chemical Engineering
- Strong knowledge in materials coatings (galvanized, e-coat, multiple coatings for fasteners).
- Demonstrated capability in mitigating corrosion issues on body components.
- Strong knowledge of lab procedures and product testing.
- Body joint design experience of similar and dissimilar metals.
- Lightweight bulk sealing materials and application experience.
- Experience using Team Center.
- Strong root cause analysis skills for field related issues.
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada) 30%
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -112018-27977