Body Component Engineer
- This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and production release of lighting (exterior) components.
- Other responsibilities will include:
- Quality improvements
- Regulatory compliance specifications
- Weight reduction
- Cost reduction
- Efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 3-5 years automotive lighting experience required. Engineer will design and develop headlights, tail lights, signal lighting for multiple vehicle lines.
- Responsible for packaging requirements, lighting performance, lighting system behavior/validation.
- Electrical Engineering background helpful.
- Knowledge of headlamp, tail lamp, small lamp technologies, design practices and regulatory compliance specifications required. Working knowledge of NX/Teamcenter desired.
- Knowledge of development testing and validation processes desired.
- Experience developing performance standards and source packages helpful.
- Track record of strong leadership.
- Must be self-directed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required to support design/development process.
- Shainin and/or DFSS blackbelt experience preferred.
- May be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada) 20%
G-TECH Services, Inc. is a leading certified recruitment and placement firm that specializes in providing highly skilled staff in technical fields such as engineering, IT, procurement, finance and accounting. We have well-established relationships with some of the most respected companies in the country and know our clients’ job requirements and corporate cultures. Once we understand your experience and career aspirations, we aim to connect you with the right opportunity....