Battery Software Release Engineer – PSP – PJH47
This Battery Management Systems Software Release Engineer will work with Battery Management System (BMS) hardware and software for use in electrified powertrains. The selected candidate will define BMS requirements for software and control algorithms, develop and execute test plans, and integrate BPCM software with vehicle controller.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish and track software release timing and content rollout based off program timing.
- Develop BMS requirements from system requirements.
- Ensure compliance to standards.
- Work cross functionally to verify battery software meets system needs and requirements.
- Integrate BMS software with vehicle controller through high voltages benches, HIL, and vehicles.
- Develop and track supplier and OEM validation and verification plans.
- Track and troubleshoot issues and test systems on benches and in vehicles.
- Participate in cold/hot/altitude trips and vehicle calibration development.
- Conduct supplier and OEM DFMEA's.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in software development for automotive and related industries
- Experience with software development and diagnostics tools (e.g., HIL testers, CANalyzer, INCA, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Masters or advanced degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- 2 or more years of experience with electrified powertrains and battery management
- 2 or more years of experience with development and testing of...