Application Developer III
The Big Data Developer / Data Engineer must have prior hands-on experience delivering/leading successful data warehousing projects in a big data environment. This individual is responsible for working with other teams with minimal or no supervision and should have strong professional consulting skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels within the division. Experience in delivering projects using agile methodology is desired.
REQUIRED EXPERTISE IN TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES:
• MUST HAVE
o Cloudera Hadoop HDFS or Databricks, Spark, Scala, Hive, Postgres, RedShift, SQL
o Python / Unix Scripting
o Any one of the scheduling Tools (like Oozie / Stonebranch)
o Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
o Certification Hadoop / Cloudera / Databricks
OTHER SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• More than 3 years of experience working in big data / Hadoop environment using Spark/Scala, Hive and SQL.
• Excellent understanding of data warehousing concepts.
• Candidate should be able to clearly communicate fundamental concepts during the interview and demonstrate previous experience in all aspects.
• Experience in tuning queries/processes and performance management tools
• Experience in scheduling tools like Oozie, Stonebranch
• Strong data modeling skills (normalized and multidimensional)
• Strong business and communication skills
• Knowledge of Health Care Insurance Payer Data Warehousing Preferred
• The Big Data Developer / Data Engineer should be able to perform the following with minimal supervision:
o Understand Business Requirements and Conceptual Solution
o Convert Business Requirements into Technical Requirements and Design
o Create High Level Design
o Create Detailed...