Advance Manufacturing Engineer
Our client is seeking an Advance Manufacturing Engineer for a full time opportunity
Conceptualizes, Proposes, and Manages Completion of Manufacturing Projects Required to Support New Product Variants and New Products for Industrialization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Attends internal line up meetings and communications to understand new products and variant requirements on our assembly line.
· Creates concepts for line modifications, additions, subtractions and processes to support new products and variant requirements. Utilize internal and external resources including manufacturing engineering, controls engineering, operations and product engineering, as well as external vendors in the creation of these concepts.
· Present and justify concepts and costs to leadership, sourcing boards, and executive leadership.
· Manage projects to incorporate the approved line alterations, leading a cross functional team including engineers, maintenance technicians, and outside contracted vendors.
· Work as an integral part of the Manufacturing Engineering team, and member of the larger operations team.
Secondary DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Process and assembly planning and execution. Process Flow, PFMEA development
· Plan, design write, evaluate and optimize specifications, follow-up with suppliers of light industrial equipment including: assembly lines, assembly cells, jigs, fixtures, gauges for quality checks and torque equipment for the automotive industry
· Meet deliverables, in terms of quality, deadlines, cost efficiency and process capabilities
· Develop tooling and processes in accordance with specified tolerances
· Lean processes, continuous improvement, assembly time optimization, material and information flow optimization with minimal inventories
· Proactively and efficiently agree on deliverables, define requirements and communicate progress...