Advance Chassis Engineer
- The Advance Concepts Engineering (ACE) team designs and develops new vehicles which will meet future regulatory, 3rd party and customer competitive requirements as well as specified vehicle functional objectives.
- A qualified candidate for the "advance chassis engineer" role will be responsible for design and packaging of components associated with suspension, steering, frames, etc....
- They will lead cross-functional team meetings working with Systems & Components, Advance Manufacturing, Service, Functional Science teams, etc... to ensure that the design and package solutions are optimized.
- The candidate will also identify and resolve adaptation and packaging issues as the vehicle moves toward production.
- 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Open to entry level candidates with applicable co-ops and internships.
- Prefer candidates with FSAE background and demonstrated hobbies/interests related to the automotive industry.
- Ability to lead a team of engineers to establish optimized vehicle package / engineering solutions.
- Ability to retrieve and analyze part and study files in Teamcenter using VisMockup / NX for visualization
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Strong understanding of powertrain / chassis / engine systems design and functional integration
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Vehicle hoobie related activities are desirable attributes
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering.
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -112018-110119